What is a Dunnage Bag
- Dunnage bags, also known as airbags, and inflatable bags, are used to secure and stabilize cargo. There are Woven Polypropylene (PP) dunnage bags, Kraft paper dunnage bags and Polypropylene paper laminated bags.
- Woven Polypropylene bags are extremely durable and can be used in dry and wet conditions. These bags are best for extremely heavy loads and have greater elasticity than Kraft paper dunnage airbags for more surface contact with the pallets. Poly woven airbags material provides greater tear strength and superior moisture resistance than most other dunnage bag materials.
- Paper dunnage bags are made out of two components, an inner component that consists of a polyethylene inner bag, the outer component is a paper bag. The outer bag is made of the highest quality, lightweight Kraft paper of high tensile strength. Paper dunnage bags come in different strengths and varieties and can be made in any special size. The inner component provides optimum pressure and the outer component provides optimum strength.
- On Polypropylene paper laminated bags, the paper used on the outside of the bag is laminated on the inside with a woven polypropylene layer, which allows higher resistance to punctures and moisture.
Why Dunnage Bags?
- Dunnage bags help to prevent transport damage in containers, trucks and trains. This ensures a safe flow of goods worldwide and increases the satisfaction of the customers when the goods are delivered without damage. Dunnage airbags are used in a wide variety of industries. Be it in the field of automobiles, consumer industry, beverages, construction, chemical production, metal and mechanical engineering, wind turbine manufacturers and many other industries.
Advantages of Dunnage Bags
- Dunnage bags are very safe to use for both the shipping and receiving end of transportation and are waterproof. They inflate rapidly with compressed air, and are easy to install; compressed air is often available through an outlet in the truck's compressed air system.
- Dunnage bags can be used in all modes of transportation. Besides being usable in all modes of transportation, almost every type of cargo can be secured with the use of dunnage bags, including breakbulk and palletized cargo, coils, barrels, cases, and crates. Some bags can be reused, and are ultimately recyclable.