What is a FIBC
- A FIBC is a flexible container, sometimes called a “big bag” or “bulk bag”, with a capacity up to 3 cubic meters, carrying loads from half a ton to 2 tons.
- FIBCs are suitable for any free-flowing material in powder, granular or flake form.
- They are lifted by conventional handling equipment such as forklift trucks and cranes.
- They are the most cost-effective packaging and transport unit load system of all, they require no secondary packaging or pallets.
- Established: Over a quarter of a billion tons of product is transport in Europe every year in FIBCs and the market is still fast-growing.
- Versatile: Used for chemicals, minerals, foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, agricultural products, fertilizers, plastics, cement and many more.
Advantages of FIBC
- An FIBC can carry up to 1000 times its own weight
- No pallets needed as each FIBC has integral lifting loops
- Reusable FIBCs fold float to take up minimal space when returned
- Color printing turns the FIBC into a mobile advertising board promoting company and brand or displaying vital product and handling information
- Massive savings in meeting EU Packaging Waste Regulations-no pallets or secondary packaging and lowest packaging weight per ton shipped
- Designed for easy recycling when working life is over
- Customized to suit material, plant and distribution system